Version 1.1, last updated 17 July 2021
Outfield Technologies Ltd is the controller of the personal information collected, processed and used in relation to our services.
What type of personal information does Outfield collect?
Under the UK law, personal information is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data”.
We collect personal data from the following sources:
- Provided to us via our website (https://outfield.xyz/)
- Provided to us via our web platform (https://app.outfield.xyz/)
- Provided to us by email, phone, and in person
- Data from drone surveys carried out by us
- Cookies on our website and web platform
Types of personally identifiable data that we collect:
- Identity and contact information – We collect information that you provide to us when contacting us and when registering on our web platform. This information can include, for example, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- Payment and billing information – When purchasing our Services, you will be asked to provide your billing and contact information.
- Location data – We may use and store your location data in order to provide our Services to you.
- Usage information – We may collect information about your device and your visits to our website and web platform. This includes your IP address, browser type, how long you stay on our website, and your geographic location. This includes cookies that are necessary for the functionality of the website and the web platform
- Advertising and support – We might collect additional information required to provide support services. We may also use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials. If you are an existing customer, you can opt out of receiving such communications.
Why do we have this information and what do we use it for?
We use your personal information in order to provide our Services to you. We generally collect and use your personal information for a variety of purposes listed below:
- To contact you in relation to the Services provided to you
- To update you on changes to our Services and/or Terms and Conditions
- Advertising and marketing (unless you have not provided us with consent to do so)
- Measuring user activity on our website and web platform
- Invoicing you / charging you for the use of the Services
We do not sell your personal information to third party companies. With your explicit permission, we may provide your personal information to third parties (i.e. drone surveying companies, research grant funding bodies etc) as necessary. We will not release commercially sensitive information (i.e. crop conditions, yield estimates etc) to any third parties.
If you are outside the UK and choose to provide Outfield with your personal data, it will be transferred and processed in the UK, where there may be different data protection laws than your home country.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Outfield collects and uses your information as outlined above, in line with UK GDPR regulations. These are the reasons we are allowed to do so:
- You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specified purpose.
- The processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
How do we store your information?
We keep your personal information stored securely, in local and cloud-based data storage systems, for as long as necessary in order to fulfil our obligations to you or whilst you hold an account on our web platform.
We use Google Drive and Amazon Web Services to store your personal information and your farm data (including drone survey images you upload through our web platform). We also use Salesforce to store your information. Links to the privacy policies of these providers can be found below.
If you do not use your account for a certain length of time, we will contact you and ask if you wish to keep it or to deactivate it. If you request for us to delete your information, we will ensure that it is erased off our electronic databases or that it is anonymised within a certain period of time. After your account has been terminated all of your personal information relating to you will be deleted. However, Outfield will keep farm data (including drone survey images) in an anonymised form, as it is in our legitimate interest to do so in order to continue providing our services to other customers.
Your data protection rights
Under current UK GDPR law, you have the following rights for your personal data:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
At Outfield, we understand the importance of data protection and keeping your personal information safe. In order to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to file a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local data supervisory authority if you feel we have used your personal data unlawfully. You can find out how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on their website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Third party services
In order to provide you with our Services we use the following third party companies. Links to third parties’ privacy policies are listed below:
- Amazon Web Services – https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
- Google Drive – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-UK#about
- Salesforce – https://www.salesforce.com/uk/company/privacy/full_privacy/
- Instagram – https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Our contact details
Name : Outfield Technologies Ltd
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address : https://outfield.xyz